Friday, July 27, 2012

Artisan Spotlight: Michelle Armas

I stumbled across a print I saw of abstract artist Michelle Armas...and am totally head over heels in love with her work. I added 3 of her gorgeous paintings to my ever growing wish list. I reallllly can't wait until I can start my own art collection...I'm all ready day dreaming...sigh. I believe everyone should have at least 1 piece by the time they are 30. I mean, why the heck not? It's an instant face lift for a space, a great conversation starter, a way to bring color into your space...etc. Here's a great article on why you should buy and own art.

A little back story on Michelle: She started painting to cope with the stress of her career in the world of corporate branding, and eventually turned it into a full-time job. How awesome is that?? Michelle paints in acrylic and oil, large and small, abstract and sometimes portraits too. She is also available for custom pieces too (see her website for more details). Her pieces range from $20 to $2,000.

I love reading happy stories about finding your true passion, like Michelle's. It reminds me of a quote from designer extraordinaire Jessica Hische:

“The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life.”












You can check out Michelle's blog here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...